In the summer of 1921, a group of people came out of the Methodist Episcopal Church to start a Sunday School in the Beulah Park Tabernacle.
Later that same year, on November 11th, the group was organized as a Pilgrim Holiness Church by the Rev. S. M. Stikeleather, General Secretary of the Pilgrim Holiness Church. With 21 charter members, this new church called the Rev. J. V. Roberts of Roanoke, VA to serve as the first pastor.
This new congregation met in homes for about one year. During this time other people began attending and the resulting growth led to purchasing property. A church was built in 1922 at a cost of $4,000.
On April 1, 1937 a dedication service was held to celebrate the debt on the church had been paid in full. The service was conducted by the Rev. L. W. Sturk, General Superintendent of the Pilgrim Holiness Church.
In 1939 another lot was purchased for the purpose of constructing a parsonage. The parsonage was built in 1940 for around $4,000. This debt was paid in full by 1945.
With continued growth and vision, the church purchased another lot right beside the church for the purpose of expansion of the current facilities. The church had also acquired the former Beulah Park Camp Ground and utilized it as an outdoor worship area during the summer months.
In the summer of 1968 the Pilgrim Holiness denomination merged with the Wesleyan Methodist denomination and as a result the local church became a Wesleyan Church.
On the 24th of August, 1975 the church dedicated an educational unit. More expansion to the facilities was completed in 1982.
By the 1990s the congregation was outgrowing its facility on Sudbury Street and began the process of building a new building. In 1998 the congregation moved to its present location at the corner of Spring Hill Road and Woodrow Wilson Parkway (VA 262).
In October of 2021, the church will be celebrating its 100th anniversary of ministering to the community of Staunton and Augusta County. In the process, we will be updating and expanding this history. We look forward to what God has in store.